Thursday, August 11, 2011

My name is Katie and I was raised by wolves


          Well, first off this post is dedicated to Anna who helped me have the courage to admit that I was raised by wolves.  Ok, ok, I am probably lying to you about the whole wolf thing.  I was really raised by two loving parents and the only thing true about the above comic is that my dad does love to start fires with a propane blow torch and lighter fluid.  That brings up many stories for other posts.
        
         Anyway, so this past week I was at Girl's Camp, which was a blast.  We had such a great time and we sure created a lot of fun memories.  Everyone was surprised, impressed, disgusted, with my knowledge of the outdoors (well duh, I was a guide for years and worked at the zoo so I think I should know a lot about nature).  One of the girls "figured out" that I was actually a feral child and that I had been raised by wolves and that was why I knew so much about the wilderness.  We had a great time laughing about that one. I wish!  That would be so cool except for the fact that I would never learn how to speak and that I wouldn't really be able to reintegrate myself into society.  This all reminds me of a film class that Kim and I took and we had to watch The Wild Child.  Poor little kid.  Back to camp, we had a blast canoeing, hiking, playing mafia, scampering around, stargazing, being crafty, putting on an excellent performance of Alice in Wonderland YW value style, and just being silly girls. I need to do that once a year I guess. 

        Well, that is it for now, sorry for the long space in between posts. I was lazy.  I will do better.
PS Do you like the new format of one pic per line or is that just annoyingly long?  Are they in order?

4 comments:

  1. The pix are in order, YAY!
    What a great addition you are to your YW camp program! Makes me proud. My hair is graying enough that you could call me a wolf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in order--and I like it better this way. I loved that film class!! Awesome comic-I love the bouncy seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a new comic! I'm glad you enjoyed girls camp. You'll have to tell me more about it someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't imagine you in any other calling :) Hmmm..raised by wolves? Or were you just raised by those wild men in "Return of the King"? I recognized the blow torch immediately, lol. More comics...more!

    ReplyDelete